“Know you belong here. You belong here and everything you feel is okay.”
– ANDREA GIBSON
Door of the Soul
When we become wrapped up in stuck patterns, it is often connection with others that we need most; yet what is most difficult to receive.
Most clients desire (in some capacity) to feel secure, worthy, valuable, lovable, and “normal”. It is through the process of trust, vulnerability, and connection, that we begin to see ourselves more clearly and more fully. In relationship to a trusted “other”, we gain deeper insight to our inherent value, worth, love & purpose.
We are dedicated to helping people move through their challenges and feelings of disconnection and stuck-ness, and into a life with greater vitality and meaning.
We are honored and privileged to walk with you on this
journey of being human.
“There comes a point where we need to stop pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out
why they’re falling in.
~ Archbishop Desmond Tutu
Christy Plaice, LPC, MAC, CCT
Psychotherapist + Founder
“I know what it’s like to suffer, feel lost, and feel alone. I also know what it’s like to trust, access vulnerability, and discover true freedom and joy.”
Christy Plaice is a creative light in the therapeutic community. As a licensed professional counselor in private practice she works with adolescents, adults, families, and groups. Her personalized approach and gentle honesty is rooted in humanistic, somatic attachment re-patterning, enriched in neuroscience, polyvagal theory, & experiential psychologies. She has extensive education & clinical experience working in substance abuse/addiction, PHP/IOP settings, experiential therapeutic communities, residential wilderness therapy, department of juvenile justice, and non-profit work with human sex trafficking.
In addition to her private practice work, she has completed a year-long masters class advanced program – somatic experiencing using touch therapy with complex trauma survivors.
I am encouraged by the resilience of the human spirit. We have an incredible ability to heal and make meaning internally and rippling out into our community. I believe it is not only possible, but necessary and vital that each of us find our ways back to healing and wholeness.
I am uniquely trained in attachment re-patterning, which focuses on transforming patterns of relationship difficulties to cultivating and sustaining satisfying, safe, bonding relationships. My approach to healing is enriched with neuroscience, based in knowledge that we are hard-wired for secure bonding and change.
I am deeply honored and humbled to step into this relationship with you…
As a licensed professional counselor (LPC), I have provided psychotherapy, counseling, presentations/trainings, consultations, supervision, and leadership in a variety of arenas:
- Clinical Consultant for outpatient & residential treatment programs to provide training to direct care staff on a variety of clinical topics.
- Clinical Director of a young adult wilderness therapy program
- Clinical Director of a recovery transitional living program for young adult men
- Developed and facilitated Accountability & Substance Abuse Court for Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice
- Athletic counseling for injured athletes returning to their sport
- Young adult addiction clinician specializing in substance abuse and trauma at Foundations Recovery Network IOP
Education & Credentials
- Master’s degree in Professional Mental Health Counseling
- Master’s in Addiction Counseling (MAC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Georgia
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
- National Certification in Child Trauma (CCT) from the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress & National Center for Crisis Management.
Memberships & Associations
David and his wife have relocated to Cumming after residing in Roswell for 32 years. They have 2 adult daughters that live in Roswell.
we invite you
Into a safe & supportive office space where you no longer have to walk your journey alone.
If you are a new client and would like to schedule a therapy session, please click here to complete a brief intake form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.