CONTINUING EDUCATION EVENT POLICIES
Continuing Education Event Policies
- Cancellations by Door to the Soul – Should a CE event need to be canceled for any reason (i.e inclement weather, illness of presenter, insufficient registration to host an event, pandemic, venue issue, etc) – Director of Education and/or designee will make every effort to provide as much advance notice as possible to attendees. Any registration fees paid by participants will be refunded within 2 weeks after the original date of the scheduled event. The Director of Education and/or designee will make every effort to seek refunds of deposits made for the venue and/or food/beverage cost associated with the event.
- Cancellations/No Show of Participants – Participants are allowed to cancel their registration for a full refund of any registration fees paid prior to the event for any reason. Participants who do not cancel prior to the event and “No-Show” for the event may submit a written request for refund to the Director of Education or designee. Refunds for “No-Shows’ are at the discretion of the Director of Education or designee.
- Confidentiality of Participants/Clients – All efforts will be made to ensure confidentiality of participants’ and clients’ information. All parties involved in each event (Director of Education, Host Facility/Rep, Presenters, & Designee) will share responsibility of ensuring client and participant confidentiality is respected and protected at all times before, during, and after each continuing education offering.
- Grievances – Grievances related to any continuing education event offered by Door to the Soul will be made in writing to the Director of Education. Grievances will be evaluated, and course of action will be determined by the Director of Education and or Executive Director of Door to the Soul. If resolution can not be made or further assistance is requested or needed, the Executive Director will seek consultation for appropriate resolution.
- Record Keeping – Records of registrants, attendees, presenter qualifications, CE applications, promotional materials, approval letters, and evaluations will be kept and archived via electronic files and shared between the Director of Education & Executive Director. These archives will be kept and made accessible for no less than 5 years or length of time required by credentialing organizations per event.
- ADA Facility Standards – Only facilities and platforms that are ADA compliant will be used to host continuing education events.