Education & Clinical Application
Working with Those Struggling with Their LGBTQI Loved Ones
CE CREDIT HOURS APPLIED
Christy Plaice, LPC, MAC, CCT
7am PST · 8am MT· 9am CT
About the Training:
- This workshop focuses on work with a family system (parents, caregivers, siblings,spouses / partners, grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc.) who have internal struggles with a loved one that identifies as part of the LGBTQI community.
- We will identify & examine biases, challenges, respect, & support within clinical & therapeutic settings.
- Together we will review real life examples of family resistance & the impact of current social & cultural climates on clinical & direct care work.
- Participants will be invited to ask questions in order to explore what we recurrently navigate in our offices, programs, & organizations.
Participants will be able to—
- Recognize the complexity of the coming out process for a LBGTQI person
- Gain awareness & impact of personal & professional biases, judgements, and managing countertransference
- Assess & address the unique grief process for some, complexities of disclosure, and the impact of fear & layers of celebration within the family system
How to Register
- $75 Registration
- Registration Available at: doorofthesoul.com/workshops-events
For additional information, contact:
Christy Plaice · firstname.lastname@example.org
Door of The Soul • 1160 Grimes Bridge Rd, Suite H · Roswell, GA 30075 • doorofthesoul.com
CE Sponsor: Door of the Soul · 1160 Grimes Bridge Rd. Roswell, GA 30075 · 770-545-2234