“Just because you are struggling doesn’t mean you are failing.”
Psychotherapy & Counseling
Many of us struggle to cope when our needs are not met or are misunderstood, and at times, experience separateness from others. Most of us long deeply for true authentic connection, to feel seen, and for someone to “get me”. These thoughts and feelings can cause wounding and challenges in relationship to others.
Our psychotherapists and counselors specialize in working with a variety of trauma, relationship, substance abuse, and healing modalities.
Specializing in Trauma, Addiction & Attachment
Door of the Soul offers psychotherapy & counseling for teens and adults in Roswell, GA. We guide and assist clients to cultivate embodied presence, self-compassion, self-forgiveness, seeing goodness, unburdening shame and conflict, embracing and healing relationships.
Ever wonder why the same thoughts, patterns, and self-talk keep happening…over and over?
We help clients release fear, trauma, and patterns that are keeping them stuck and suffering.
We specialize in treating and working with…
- Sensory awareness & integration with complex traumas
- Calming down & understanding anxiety
- Understanding disordered eating
- Sexuality & sexual health
- Navigating & decreasing panic attacks
- Religious wounding
- Decreasing and bringing some relief to depression symptoms
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Offering grace, compassion & understanding of bereavement, grief, & loss
- Substance use, abuse, and/or Addiction
- Boundary setting & reasons doing that can be tough
- Family and/or romantic relationship challenges
- Exploring how to have fun in life again
We Help You…
- Unpack Negative/Hurtful Self-Talk – “The not-so-nice stuff we say to ourselves.”
- Cultivate Resilience – through “managing” attachment and regulation.
- Form & Develop New Relationships – when fears, hurt, and insecurities have gotten in the way.
- Make Meaning – to some unknowns and curiosity around thoughts, patterns, experiences, and behaviors.
- Change Unhealthy Patterns – Truly, “We repeat what we don’t repair.”
Some of the tools of our trade…
- Somatic Attachment Psychotherapy
- Somatic Experiencing
- Integrative Wellness Planning – coordination as needed with other practitioners
- Exploring Attachments – secure and insecure bonds
- Somatic/Body work – how feelings, thoughts, trauma, and hurt get locked in the body
- Cultivating Intuition – we create safe space for awareness of one’s own intuition and how to honor the guiding force of moving through & releasing fear.
we invite you
Into a safe & supportive office space where you no longer have to walk your journey alone.
If you are a new client and would like to schedule a therapy session, please click here to complete a brief intake form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.