Individual Psychotherapy & Counseling
“I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side.”
– Maya Angelou
Psychotherapy & Counseling
Specializing in Trauma, Addiction & Attachment
Door of the Soul offers individual psychotherapy & counseling for teens and adults in Roswell, GA. We guide and assist clients to cultivate embodied presence, self-compassion, self-forgiveness, seeing goodness, releasing blame and conflict, embracing and healing relationships.
Ever wonder why the same thoughts, patterns, and self-talk keep happening…
over and over?
We help clients release fear, trauma, and patterns that are keeping them stuck and suffering.
We specialize in treating and working with…
- Sensory awareness & integration with complex traumas
- Calming down & understanding anxiety
- Understanding disordered eating
- Sexuality & sexual health
- Navigating & decreasing panic attacks
- Religious wounding
- Decreasing and bringing some relief to depression symptoms
- Navigating sexual orientation &/ gender identity :: LGBTQI+
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Offering grace, compassion & understanding of bereavement, grief, & loss
- Substance use, abuse, and/or Addiction
- Boundary setting & reasons doing that can be tough
- Family and/or romantic relationship challenges
- Exploring how to have fun in life again
We Help You…
- Unpack Negative/Hurtful Self-Talk – “The not-so-nice stuff we say to ourselves.”
- Cultivate Resilience – through “managing” attachment and regulation.
- Form & Develop New Relationships – when fears, hurt, and insecurities have gotten in the way.
- Make Meaning – to some unknowns and curiosity around thoughts, patterns, experiences, and behaviors.
- Change Unhealthy Patterns – Truly, “We repeat what we don’t repair.”
Some of the tools of our trade…
- Somatic Attachment Psychotherapy
- Somatic Experiencing
- Integrative Wellness Planning – coordination as needed with other practitioners
- Exploring Attachments – secure and insecure bonds
- Somatic/Body work – how feelings, thoughts, trauma, and hurt get locked in the body
- Cultivating Intuition – we create safe space for awareness of one’s own intuition and how to honor the guiding force of moving through & releasing fear.
You Can Do This.
I’d be willing to bet you’ve gotten through tough things before.
All layers in our lives are important and valuable.
We are here to support you in ‘peeling’ back & exploring a little more authentic and whole-hearted living.
There is courage in the layers.
“Christy has literally saved my life and actually gets me. She understands addiction and gives me the compassion and patience I’ve really needed – deep down that I really have never gotten. Sobriety has been 4 years but for the first time in 43 years I know what it finally feels like to be myself and actually love who I’m becoming. I can freakin’ sit in my own skin.”
H.C. – Indidivual Therapy Client
we invite you
Into a safe & supportive office space where you no longer have to walk your journey alone.
If you are a new client and would like to schedule a therapy session, please click here to complete a brief intake form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.